Monday, May 13, 2013

My first free pattern!

Recently I was asked to make a dino hat for a 6 month old baby. I'd like to share this pattern with y'all as my first free pattern. Well, actually, half the pattern is mine hahaha. 
The hat part is the basic earflap hat pattern by Alli Crafts which awesomely provides a great and easy hat pattern from newborn up to toddler size! I worked the pattern for 6 months in aqua sith orange trim. 
Here is the pattern for the spikes and spots :

Materials
G hook
Red heart worsted yarn in aqua, cherry red and autumn orange
Yarn needle

Spikes ( make 5) do not join
Using orange
Ch2
R1: 4 sc in 2nd ch from hook
R2 : 2sc in first sc, sc, 2sc in next sc, sc (6)
R3: sc around
R4:  2sc in first sc, sc in next 2 sc,         2sc in next, sc in last 2 sc (8)
R5: sc around
R6: 2sc in first sc, sc in next 3 sc, 2sc in next sc,sc in last 3 sc (10)
R7: sc around
R8: 2sc in first sc, sc in next 4 sc,2sc in next sc, sc in last 4 sc ( 12)
R9: sc around, fasten off leaving long tail to sew.

Large spots ( make 2) using red
Ch2
R1: 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook
R2: inc around (10)
R3: sc, inc around(15)
R4: 2 sc, inc around (20)
Fasten off leaving long tail to sew

Medium Spots (make 2)
Ch2
R1: 5 sc in second ch from hook
R2: inc around (10)
R3: *sc,inc *around (15)
Fasten off leaving long tail for sewing

Small spots ( make 2)

Ch2
R1: 5 sc in second chain from hook
R2: inc around (10)
Fasten off leaving long tail for sewing

Sew on spikes and horns. Weave ends and done!!
The first pic below is before sewing on all the pieces  :-) The second is of my sweet little Savannah Rose wearing the hat <3
I hope you enjoy my first free pattern post! I'd love to see how yours turn out  :-). Send pics to mawbeez@gmail.com and I will display them on my facebook page Mama Bee's Crafty Things .

No comments:

Post a Comment