Friday, May 24, 2013

Puppies, kittens and mushrooms, oh my!

Back in 2011 when I decided to take my love for crochet a step further and open a "shop", I went searching for a unique pattern to be able to say,
BAM! Here's my work! 
I ended up stumbling the CUTEST puppy pattern EVER. Seriously when this pup debut at my shop orders were pouring in like crazy. And you can see why!
By Hook, By Hand ( www.byhookbyhand.blogspot.com ) is THE most awesomest craft page I have every found. Not only does it have the greatest crochet pdf patterns for free, she also offers amazing tutorials on everything from cloth dolls to how to make a doll house out of cardboard. Believe me when I say you will be lost for days on her site. Here is a side view of the Spaniel pup.
Isn't it so cute. There's so many things I want to make from the site but decided on the woodland scene.
I didnt have fun fur so I decided to make my own meadow and will share the pattern with you all.
Materials
Worsted yarn in green
G hook
Stitches used
Sc=single crochet
Sc2tog= single crochet 2 stitches together
Loop stitch ( click for tutorial)
Ch 30 sc in 2nd ch from hook and across
R1: ch1,turn ,  sc in next stitch,* loop stitch in next, sc in next* repeat across
R2-3 : ch1, turn, sc across
R4: ch1, turn, sc in first stitch, loop st in next 4 stitches, sc across to last 5 stitches, loop st in next 4 stitches, sc in last
R5-12: ch1, turn, sc across
R13: ch1, turn, sc across to last 5 stitches, loop stitch in 4 stitches, sc in last
R15: ch1,turn,  sc across
R16: ch1, turn, sc across to last 4 sc, loop st in next 3 stitches, sc in last stitch.
R17: ch1, turn, sc across
R18: ch1, turn, sc2tog, sc across to last 2 stitches, sc2tog
R19: ch1, turn, sc2tog, sc across to       last 2 stitches, sc2tog
R20: ch1,turn, sc2tog, sc across to last 2 stitches, sc2tog , join in last stitch, ch1 and sc all around, fasten off and weave in all ends
And theres my meadow!
I had lots of fun making the miniature mushrooms. And I think the fungus on the log and tree stump complete the whole scene.
I'd love to see your results and hear what you chose to make from By Hook By Hand. Please send to mawbeez@gmail.com. And last but not least is a Siamese kitten I made from her Kittens for Adoption set. Isn't it adorable! Stop by my facebook page Mama Bee's Crafty Things and share your work. Till next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment