Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pretty in the bloom hat

A few years ago a customer asked me to make a pretty hat for her daughter. I ended up designing my "In the bloom" hat. It quickly became a great seller in my shop and I'm sure it will in yours too!

Materials

Worsted weight yarn ( I used pink for the hat and white for the flower)
H hook
Yarn Needle

Hat
Ch 3
R1: 10 dc in 2nd ch from hook join in top of ch 3.
R2: ch2,  2 dc in each around, join in top of ch2
R3: ch2, dc in same dc as join, *dc in next, 2dc in next* around, join in top of ch2
R4: ch2, dc in same dc as join, *dc in next2 dc, 2dc in next*around, join in top of ch2
R5: ch2, dc in same dc as join, *dc in next 3 dc, 2dc in next*around, join in top of ch2
R6-11 ch2, dc in each around, join in top of chain 2
R12: sc in each around, join
R13: ch2, (hdc,dc,dc,hdc) in same sc as join, skip next stitch, *hdc,dc,dc,hdc in next,skip next st, hdc,dc,dc,hdc in next, skip next st* around, join , fasten off and weave ends.

Flower
Starting with the color of the hat

Ch2
10sc in 2nd ch from hook, join

R1:* ch3,skip next stitch,slip stitch in next* 5x,join in top of first sc

R2: slip stitch into first ch3 space, *ch 1, sc,hdc,dc,dc,hdc,sc, slip stitch into next ch3 space,ch1, sc,hdc,dc,dc,hdc,sc* repeat around, join

R3: Working around the posts of the petals, ch4 sc around next post, *ch4 , sc around next post* around fasten off.

Join white at any ch4 , ch1 , sc, hdc,dc,tr,tr,dc,hdc,sc, slip stitch to next ch4* around. Fasten off leaving long tail for sewing onto your hat.

And there it is, my In the Bloom hat. Please feel free to use in your shop as long as you mention the pattern is by Maw Beez <3

Here is a picture that a wonderful pattern tester made. And one that I made for myself <3. Stop by my facebook page Mama Bee's Crafty Things and post your hats  :-)  Till next time !

No comments:

Post a Comment